The Open-Air Museum
The Strážnice Museum of the Villages of South-east Moravia is an open - air museum, that has been opened to the public and visitors since 1981. The following areas are available: Moravian Kopanice, Luhačovice Zálesí, Horňácka, in addition there are water bulidings, viticulture buildings and meadow economy.
The museum is very unique. Besides the presentation of folk architecture and the way people used to live in the particular regions, it also focuses on the viticulture and wine growing that has been typical for the region for ages. The exposition of a vineyard demonstrates the history and the development of wine growing from the past until the present time. It is the only exposition of its kind in the Czech Republic.
The visiting season is enriched by couple of thematic activities that help visitors to get familiar with folk crafts, folk traditions and customs throughout the year. The museum offers learning as well as a lot of fun and relaxation.
Attractions in the trip destination
- The way people used to live in the Moravian Village
- The costumes of Moravian Slovakia – guides wearing costumes, there are dummy having costumes on
- Viticulture – wine cellars, wine tasting, wine making, museum of vineyard – the unique exposition in the Czech Republic
- The Crafts of our ancestors – smithery, weaving factory, pottery and interactive expositions.
- A Guided tour
- A tour combined with wine tasting
- Shop Folklorika – possibility to buy traditional craft products
- Refreshment in a stylish restaurant
Special Offers and Events
- Fašanky, Fašanky, Velká noc ide
- The Alphabet of Crafts
- Harvest Festival
- Folklorolympiad (Folklorolympiáda) - unusual competition of folklore ensembles
- The autumn in a village
- Radujme sa veselme sa… („Lets enjoy ourselves…“)
|May, June, September, October||The last tour starts at||July, August||The last tour starts at|
- Guided tours are available
- Tours without a guide A Tour combined with wine tasting – available upon previous reservation
- Interactive Tour for Children up to the 5th Grade of Primary School– available upon previous reservation
- Guided Tours in English and German are available; paper form available in – English, German, French.
|Entrance fee for||Adult Pupils||Holders of ISIC||Pensioners|
|Open Air Museum||120 CZK||70 CZK||70 CZK|
Barrier - free Access
The Whole Area of the Open – air Museum is barrier free accessible with exception of few sites where are max. 2 steps. We recommend for disabled people to be accompanied at least by one person.